Friday 3 April 2020

Schooling!

Our local CBC station had someone on radio today talking about by next week they really hope to have something out to the students.  I can't believe how slack the province has been about the school program.  It was announced on March 17th that the schools would not be returning "indefinitely" and the teachers began a two week break on March 13th.  I realize that this was "vacation time" for the teachers and I'm sure that many of them had to cancel travels.  I did.  On March 30th I would have expected that something would be ready to send to the students over email.  I know that all of the parents have the ability to communicate with the teachers via email and vice versa.   It is now April 2nd and we are still waiting for something to be sent to them. 

I've been pretty impressed with how technology can meet so many needs during this pandemic and schooling is an obvious possibility.  I gotta stop writing:  I have an online visit with my optometrist, followed by online schooling with my grandsons, then I register for online bridge and two hours later I get to play a bridge game and enjoy every minute of it with very few distractions!

No comments: