Monday 6 April 2020

Back to the Piano

I don't think that I've played the piano in nearly two years.  Someone asked me if I wanted to sell it a few months ago and I declined so I guess I had planned to get back at it "sometime in the future."  This has been the perfect opportunity!  I notice how crippled my fingers have become over the years and being able to move the fingers quickly enough is not a task I will be able to accomplish in my lifetime.  I try to spend about 15 minutes per day at the piano.  I play some finger exercise for a few minutes, then some short skill pieces from the Hanon book.  Some of you will be familiar with it. I try to do a scale each day and remember how to do it with the chords, etc.  I'm really going back to basics and I am trying to play pieces from Volume 2 of the Suzuki Piano School.  I like those pieces and it's about what I am capable of playing at the present time. 

No comments: