Monday 12 March 2007

Why the Clothesline?

I'm new at blogging and posted this on Friday. Today I can't find it but I did find my post from yesterday. So I'm rewriting my previous post to see what happens.

I've always been a lover of laundry and using a clothesline. As a small girl I remember washing all my doll's clothes and hanging them outside and checking them frequently to see when they'd dry. My own babies were dressed in cloth diapers most of the time and those diapers were dried in fierce Saskatchewan sun and wind. Having a clothesline on a camping trip is always a priority. On Saturday, I dried clothes outside for the first time in 2007. In our new home in the Kootenays I haven't even hooked up the dryer. Through the winter and fall, I've been hanging the clothes in the basement and they are drying well because we have a woodstove in the basement. One thing I loved about living in Europe is that everyone uses clotheslines and it was always fun to view them from the top of a doubledecker bus.

Posting thoughts on the internet is a bit like using a clothesline - I'm hanging out my thoughts for the whole world to view.

No comments: