Saturday 24 March 2007

FOMO

Yep, I was right - no flying today. So we're back at home and I can be online for the day, the day that we are supposed to turn our computers off. I DID have it off for several hours.

So why the title? I got to listen to a bit of GO on CBC Sat. a.m. radio, something I usually miss. This was a little quiz going on between two generations and the young person described not going to a party as FOMO. It means Fear Off Missing Out. A new word for me and it's probably how I'd have to describe a lot of my thinking over the past 50 years! Yeah, I've always looked to see how much greener the grass is over there. So I guess I suffer from FOMO. However, there's something about being in the mid 50's which seems to be beginning to effect a cure. One thing I know is that I'm not missing being in a helicopter in all this fog and rain. I plan to make the most of my day and hopefully catch all my British TV favourites this evening. Most important thing for the day is - KEEP DRY.

No comments: