Tuesday 20 March 2007

The Federal Budget

So I finally got the news on the federal budget - I couldn't be bothered to listen to the finance minister on the radio yesterday - one thing about living in B.C. is you get this news early in the day. I find it a bit ironic that the only way this budget helps me, as a retired middle income earner, is that it allows me to spend more money in the US without having to stay as long. As a "border" resident now, it's very tempting to go to the US to now spend $800 every time we go in for 48 hours. I'm not sure how this helps the Canadian economy but I guess it could be a benefit to me if I know my prices. What do you think, Mr. Harper?

2 comments:

Andi and Demi said...

It doesn't help me either (except that perhaps fewer SUV's to ride by bike beside!)

Anonymous said...

huiuyu