Tuesday 20 March 2007

Buying Cars

Yesterday, I think I just negotiated the purchase of my second car - both have been second hand deals. In this particular instance, I have a "gentleman's agreement" - I'm not sure if there's a feminist equivalent of this - and plan to phone the owner in two days, agree to meet, pay him cash for the car, and drive away. The difficult thing, of course, is have I bought a lemon? In this case, I don't think so, but I wonder if it's close to its breaking point. I bought a Subaru and have never owned one. It's got 250,000 km on it and it looks great, seems to work well, but where is the breaking point with these cars? It's also 11 years old. Anyway, I love the colour and I only hope it will last as long as my last one has, which is still going strong as I write this. I'm also touching wood. It still has a couple of long, heavy hauls to make before we try to sell. I'm pleased to be NOT adding to the economy in buying new, especially after all the new items we've bought for our home. It'll be new to me. If I keep blogging I will update my thoughts on my new old car.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - sounds like a good move to me ;-)

The right color is important, after all, you need to look cool on the road.

Mechanical stuff??? Yeah, well I guess mechanized things tend to have mechanical issues. Perhaps that's why you live with a backyard mechanic! Eh?

Andi and Demi said...

post a picture so I can see it! Andi

Unknown said...

Hi Catherine,
I read your blog & checked out your pics. thanks for forwarding your link. Enjoyed it. First time I see the Chateau Trudeau.
Happy Easter,
Lina