Monday 12 March 2007

Isolation

Yesterday I wrote about spring time in the Kootenays. It poured rain last night and today we are almost totally isolated! Roads are closed all over B.C. and we had planned a trip to Nelson but can't get there because highway 31 is closed north of Coffee Creek. There's debris all over the road. One reason we are isolated is that highway 1 is closed in several places and highway 93 through Radium is also closed. If we wanted to go to Alberta are only options are highway 3 or through the U.S. It makes one wonder if the best thing to do is just stay home, including not going over to Alberta this weekend. I've got everything I need in this area so I may as well enjoy the views. The skies are much brighter today. We even have sun in our forecast for Wednesday if it actually happens. I don't think I've ever seen a sun symbol in our forecast since last October.

No comments: