Saturday 26 February 2011

Wimps!

I'm finding myself huddling next to the fire today when I really could go for a ski. However, it is minus 12 and there's a windchill and I expect that things will improve by tomorrow. Yesterday, I walked downtown with a group of school kids in - 20 degree weather with a very strong wind whipping off the lake. It felt so very cold. I reflected on the fact that we become wimps in very short order. It was less than a decade ago that I'd walk home from school (often an hour long walk) when it was -25 degrees (although usually sunny)! I've hardly taken any exercise this week because it's been so cold and windy - I'm turning into a total wimp about the cold. Brave prairie skiers and hikers - sally forth!

1 comment:

Mtn Goat said...

So why was I ski touring in such conditions, even colder up high? I need my head examined!