Tuesday 8 March 2011

Pacific Coastal

I just came from visiting Victoria, flying from Trail to Victoria. It was a fun way to fly, not something I usually say about flying! The Trail airport is a small "structure" and a car can be left at the airport for no fee. The interior of the "structure" is retro and it even has free books available to grab for your plane trip (alas, no literature available, but some pulp fiction). Coffee is available on the honour system. When I left on Thursday, the plane was loaded by 3:55 so we left - the ticket said departure time was 4:05. When has that happened in the last decade or two??? There are no security checks and I've always loved walking to the plane and up a stairway. I did have to go through security in Vancouver (South Terminal so only 3 gates and no monitors) to get to Victoria. On the reverse trip, I left Victoria in a very, very small plane that could carry 22 people and had10 of us on board for this trip. Our steward was also greeter and co-pilot. In Vancouver (South Terminal) no security checks were required at gate 3 for the flight to Trail. My backpack had to be "checked" and arrived in both location without difficulty. This trip was a nice step back in time and I actually enjoyed the flight in both directions. Good on ya', Pacific Coastal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: