Wednesday 2 February 2011

America's Best #3: Breakfast

I love to go out for breakfast, especially in the U.S. It's not something that I treat myself to very often, but I did go on Tuesday in Missoula, MT. I chose the Perkins chain because I'd had a pretty good experience in previous years. For the first time ever (likely because it's been my first opportunity), I ordered off the 55 plus menu. I was delighted to be delivered a small omlette with real spinach and real mushrooms that were very lightly and freshly cooked. I also received two smallish pancakes with it and a selection of 3 delicious syrups. It was served on a small plate and was a perfect amount for my appetite. I love the large coffee cups and the fact that a coffee carafe arrives at the table - and it can fill that coffee cup 4 times! My companion for breakfast was Des Kennedy's The Passionate Gardener which I am thoroughly enjoying. The staff were all friendly and polite and my only small complaint would be the lowering of the blinds to keep out that beautiful MT sunshine! Cost of this experience: $7.50 plus tip. Yankee doodle!

No comments: