Sunday 20 February 2011

New Mexico Sunset

The best sunsets that we encountered on our recent trip were certainly found in New Mexico. This picture was taken from Oliver Lee State Park just south of Alamagordo, NM. I really liked the campsite and watching the sky in the morning and evening. We were able to get re-acquainted with canyon hiking while walking up Dog Canyon which starts in the park. However, it's really close to the air base and several times some earth-rumbling aircraft would take off or arrive. That's the big drawback so I can't say that I'd highly recommend a visit.

We visisted the Space Museum in Alamagordo which certainly brought back memories of the '60's. The space shuttle actually landed near Alamagordo in the '80's. I've found it interesting that every time I'd refer to the name of this town I'd call it Armaggedon. And as soon as we got into the van following our museum visit I simply had to call up Bruce Cockburn's "If I Had A Rocket Launcher" on the ipod.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: