Sunday 22 May 2011

Home and Happy

It's been a long while since I posted and have to report that seeing my spring bulbs in bloom in the perennial border was a wonderful way to arrive home. We spent 6 weeks in the UK and had wonderful weather the entire time. B.C. didn't fare so well. It sounds as if spring sort of arrived at the beginning of May so we got home just in time to enjoy pretty much all of the spring bulbs. It's probably odd to see the daffs, tulips, lungworts, bergenia, forsythia, etc. all blooming at the same time - we didn't even miss the skunk cabbage along the highway near our neighbourhood road entrance. I'd say that all I missed were the crocus. My impatient waiting for seeds to germinate didn't happen and the germination seemed to be pretty good with all those things that I planted on March 29th. It's taking me longer to get over jet lag than I anticipated and have had a very busy 10 days since our arrival back here. It is good to be home and I plan a series of posts about the trip to Britain. Time to get the rhubarb pie out of the oven!

No comments: