Wednesday 25 May 2011

Britain 2011: Along the Penine Way

I know that this isn't the greatest picture - we tended to have lots of haze in the distance while in Britain, but considering we are less than an hour from Manchester, this is pretty clear, I think. We spent about 4 hours walking one afternoon along the Penine Way through the Peaks District. We did another similar hike in Yorkshire Dales National Park. This picture is pretty typical of what we saw in the few hours of walking that we did. The weather was lovely, the breeze fine, the birdsong melodious. Neither of us were inspired to ever think we'd like to walk the whole thing at any time in the future. Compared to Canadian mountain hiking it seemed a bit monotonous. Don't get me wrong - we loved our hikes in Britain. But I gotta say, I think I live in the right place for me when I consider long, scenic hikes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: