Sunday 29 May 2011

Britian 2011: Fresh Flowers

In the UK this is a common site - fresh flower stalls - and I was delighted to see how many times I noticed someone rushing through the streets with recently purchased fresh flowers in hand. In North America this is a relatively uncommon sight. While travelling the busy roads, I noticed fresh flowers placed in front windows - what a happy thing to see! I love having fresh flowers and usually only treat myself to bouquets during the summer when I can collect them from the garden. I'm always thrilled to have them. The lesson that I can learn from Britain is to purchase fresh flowers during winter - it'll probably make it much more bearable. Many of our campgrounds had flowers in the washrooms, too - not always fresh but the thought was there!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: