Monday 30 May 2011

Britain 2011: The Walks

Yesterday, Dave and I went across the lake to have our "season opener" which was pretty much a lakeside trail with a bit of distance. I couldn't help comparing it to my walks in Britain. Here, we have endless forest with unusual rock formations, often some pretty little woodland plants, fallen trees and stumps with glimpses out to the mountains. There, we had endless stone walls, fields of sheep, blooming gorse, unlimited views, and lots of manmade structures. This picture was taken on my favourite UK walk when I hiked from Tintagel to Boscastle. It's along the Southwest Coastal Path and you can see that I had a perfect day for it. This hike was probably the most "challenging" as well, because it went up and down a fair bit compared to other hikes that I completed. It's lovely to see how many people are out walking in Britain - we rarely see other hikers here in the Koots. The British are very friendly when walking, too; I felt like I said hello even more than in America! I love how they keep their dogs under such fine control. I feel a bit out of shape from my trip because the walking was easy and mostly flat. I covered good distances, however, and it's always fun to see the castle and abbey ruins as one covers the trails.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: