Thursday 24 January 2008

The Verdict Is Out!

Yeah, it's true. San Francisco's streets are steeper than those of Nelson or Rossland. There's more of them, too! I've just spent the past two days walking around SF and that's the Golden Gate Bridge over there. I had wanted to post a steep street for this item but I'm too lazy to find it in my files right now. This is a great city to visit on foot because there's lots to see and the variety in the architecture is so interesting. A bike is okay, but you're going to have to push it up an awful lots of streets. I don't think I could drive here - it's amazing how people have their cars parked on these VERY steep streets and most of the garages are so narrow there's hardly room to open a car door. Garages here are not for projects! I loved my walk over the GG Bridge this a.m. and would recommend it to any hikers in my reading crowd. The constant work to keep that thing painted is a feat almost as big as the bridge itself. If you like to walk and to climb steep hills then SF is a super place to visit.

No comments: