Tuesday 1 January 2008

New Year at Kaslo Bay



A fairly new tradition in Kaslo is a fundraiser for the Langham Cultural Centre. All the brave souls in the picture at left went into Kootenay Lake today at noon. I sponsored four of these people who had to submerge themselves to the neck and then get out of the water. No wet suits are allowed. The guy in the Santa hat is the Director of the area that is part of our regional district - a complicated B.C. system of political administration. I don't know how much money was raised today but I do know that one guy raised over $1000 so I think they should get to their goal of $2008. Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New year to you. I won't be showing this picture to my friend Wendy who thinks if I was really her friend I would have gone into the Kelowna lake in Dec. Oh well. I guess she wasn't going to pay me enough
Hugs Marilyn