Saturday 27 October 2007

What's In A Name?

I head originally intended to write this post about unusual ways to get to and from work. I remember having to pinch myself when in the Isle of Man - that actually was the Irish Sea that I was walking beside and that actually was a steam train that I was taking home from work! Yesterday, for the first time, I had a 40-minute ferry ride to get to work. Yes, I was called to TOC (Teacher-on-call) at Crawford Bay. I was grateful for the full moon because it made for a pretty bright morning - to get to Crawford Bay for work at 8:30 a.m. I need to be on the 6:30 a.m. ferry because the next one doesn't go until 8:10. The full moon lit up the boat's wake in a very romantic way and the rising light gave an eerie silhouette to the Purcells as we made our way to Crawford Bay. Sorry, I forgot to bring the camera with me. It was a cold morning (just below zero) and fortunately one cafe was open so I could read my book in relative comfort while waiting for the school to open.

So what's in a name? Well, in the grade 4 - 5 - 6 class there's a pair of twins (male) with the names Sunny and Rainbow. They have an older brother with the name of Sky. Only in the Kootenays, one might say. Is this Hippieville, or what?

3 comments:

Jan and Ken Stirling said...

What a beautiful picture you paint of your trip on the ferry. Next time remember the camera. Eye photos are good but sadly we can't see what you see!!
Jan

Anonymous said...

Those poor, poor children.

Anonymous said...

I had a good laugh over those names but I doubt if the twins will suffer that much static. I would not call them poor, poor children In fact Rain sounds kind of sexy for a good looking teenage guy. Or even Bow for that matter.
Jenn