Sunday 21 October 2007

Stitch 'n B.....









I've had to miss my weekly knitting/weaving/spinning sessions for the past two Thursdays but on Saturday my friend Anne taught me the linen stitch. I did this sample piece in hemp, first on very small needles that I think are about a size 11 and the rest on a size 7. I like the tight knit very well and it will work very well as a belt. Here's the pattern.

Cast on an even number of stitches.

Row 1: K1 (wyif, sl1pw), wyib, k1) -d0 this as many times as necessary to get to the last 3 stitches. Then wyif, sl1pw, wyib, k2

Row 2: P1, (wyib, sl1pw, wyif, p1) - do this as many times as necessary to get to last 3 stitches. Then wyib, sl1pw, wyif, P2

Abbreviations: wyif - wind yarn in front
wyib - wind yarn in back
slpw - slip purlwise

Note: You don't need to actually "wind" the yarn, just move it to the back or the front. It's a pretty simple stitch once you get the hang of it and could be pretty useful. Happy knitting, knitting bloggers!

No comments: