Monday 8 October 2007

Thanksgiving Monday


We just came back from a good steep walk, trying to find the route up Mt. Buchanan, Kaslo's best lookout. We were on the Buchanan Access Trail and then came out onto a logging road which we followed for a couple of kms. We could see the top of Buchanan, but the road began to descend so we'll try again another day. I was feeling a bit of pain on the uphill route - too much Thanksgiving, I guess. We had 8 "new friends" over for supper last night and we had fine food, wine and conversation. I was happy to be the host.
Outside our front windows is our wild rose and the rose hips are perfect this year. It's also very nice to have our upstairs woodstove operating once again - we finished the fireplace last Wednesday. Celebrating Thanksgiving with rose hips, wine and a wood-burning fire is all part of the good life in the Kootenays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love those rose hips, I have nice picture of them too.
Take a picture of your finished fireplace and post it here...so I can see it.
Hugs Marilyn
happy belated thanksgiving
Glad you had a good turn out for your turkey. sorry you didn't get to the top of Buchanan
Hugs Marilyn