Friday 19 June 2020

State of the Garden III

It's been a cool, late spring even here.  Our lilacs are actually still in bloom, although looking a little ragged now.  My 'June' daylily is glorious and pictured below.



I would have to say that second harvest occurred yesterday;  I picked dill that is now drying on newsprint in the greenhouse.   Next will be oregano - we have lots of it on this land and I never planted a bit of it.  The basil looks frightful - I put it out too early and it has shivered ever since.   Even the purchased plants from nurseries that fill several pots are not blooming with much encouragement.  The marigolds that I started from collected seed last fall are finally blooming - each plant has ONE open blossom.  We await the colour!  Greens are doing well, however, and yesterday I seeded some lettuce which I will call NDP lettuce, collected by our former MP, Wayne Stetski.  Carrots were also planted - plant late here to avoid carrot fly.                                                       

No comments: