Saturday 20 June 2020

Nakusp: Could I Live There?

Since coming to Kaslo I realize that I live somewhat off the beaten track.  After getting a home in Trail, I realize that it is much easier to get places from Trail than it is in Kaslo.  We went to Nakusp for Campout 3 and it is even more remote.  Nakusp is located on Arrow Lake and is a 30 minute drive from a 30 minute ferry ride plus another 30 minute drive to Revelstoke.  OR it is a 2.5 hour drive to Nelson.  

Nakusp IS a lovely little town and the refurbishment of the water front is a total credit to the town and its designers.  The town really does have everything you need, including a bike and ski shop, a thrift store, a library, a burger joint and lots of reasonable restaurants.  The access to hiking, biking and skiing is outstanding.  I can tell that there's lots of people in Nakusp who like to garden and I could certainly be happy there.  But it is a bit far removed from other places.  If you live in Nakusp, I know my tendency would be to stay in Nakusp and I just don't know if it's my kind of town since I have never lived there.  I like its amenities and I don't need much beyond the great outdoors.  It's the access to other places and spaces that could become troublesome.  


Gardens along Nakusp waterfront

No comments: