Sunday 28 June 2020

State of the Garden 4


Maintaining 3 gardens is pretty time consuming and I've never taken a picture of the garden in Trail. We're harvesting pea pods and I think it will be a couple of more weeks before we can pick raspberries.  There's lots of them out there but they aren't very big or at all red.  You can see the corn on the right hand side of the picture.  There's actually a guy in Trail who has corn that is heading out at the moment.  Go figure.   I've had a couple of days here and it's been good to garden.  I'm not really ready to take a picture of the front yet - I'm doing a lot of what I had done in Saskatoon with a perennial border.  Here it's planned as an orchard on one side and a perennial border with pathways on the other.  Things just aren't grown up enough for a good picture.  One thing that I do love about Trail - the sandy soil is so easy to dig!  Too bad it has lead dust in it!  But the plants do seem to thrive on that combination.                                                                                                                                 


No comments: