Sunday 24 May 2020

My Baby Is 40!

I know this is weird but I can't even post a photo of Wednesday last, May 20, the day that Andrea turned 40.  We did go up to Rossland and had a hike with the family and then lunch.  We got back from the hike (near Rossland and on one side of Red Mountain) just as the rain started to come down.  One thing about hiking in Rossland is that there's lots of bikers on the trail.  We saw at least 20 and we were only out for a couple of hours.  

I know Andrea has celebrated in many ways during this week, hopefully all at outdoor parties.  It was a rainy week and she finally got to do her desired 40 km bike ride yesterday, May 23, with a bunch of friends.  Part of our gift to her was to take Atley and Miro for a couple of days so she could have "free time".  We had lots of fun with the boys (even if it was rainy) and hiked the river trail, did our school work, walked down to Kootenay Lake, biked, and they practised lots of stunts on their scooters.

Tomorrow, my baby grandchild turns 6 and that does make me feel a bit old.  I really don't want her to get older; I didn't even see her through her entire year 5 except online.  She will get to have a birthday parade with a flower theme and the cupcakes that the family ordered from a local bakery do look charming!  She will only share those with her immediate family and her Morris Plains grandparents.    Wish we could be there!  They will take pictures which is more than I did for my 40 year old!  I never remember to drag that phone around with me.  

No comments: