Thursday 17 March 2011

"Doing Sixty"

All the kurfuffle of turning 60 is now over. I had good cards at bridge and a surprise rendition of "Happy Birthday", all orchestrated by my former partner, Sue. There's been plenty of greetings on FB, email and snail mail. I even received a card today from someone which stated, "Celebrating Your 65th Birthday"! My time flies. It seemed fitting to go to my first official function today at the Senior's Lunch at the hotel. We've been using the local Senior's Hall for bridge lessons on Thursday a.m., so it was time to finally show up at an official event. It was well attended and there was a St Paddy's Day special of corned beef and cabbage. The special was on at a very good price. Alas, no Senior's Discounts for those of us ordering off the regular menu. Some of you will be relieved to know that I didn't sign up for carpet bowling which will be starting soon!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Happy belated Birthday, Catherine! Hope you have 60 more in you!! :-)