Sunday 15 August 2010

You've Come A Long Way, Baby

On my recent hike to Eva Lake I had to reflect on how far I've come when it comes to experiencing the mountains. On my very first "overnight" in the mtns. I stayed at this hut near Eva Lake in Mt. Revelstoke National Park. We borrowed hiking gear from my parents and I remember the chafing on my shoulders on a very hot day, as I walked in a cotton sleeveless summer top, running shoes, and carried an external frame pack. I think I woke with every noise that was made outside of this hut that night!

Today, I was able to hike with another couple and pretty much figure out our own route to Mt. Jardine (yes, once again) via Emerald Lake. We scouted out a route down and successfully manouvered our way around lots of rockfall to get back to the Jardine Cabin. There were bugs and heat and a very welcoming bunch of snow at one point along the trail. Another great day in the alpine.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Way to go Catherine! :-)