Friday 20 August 2010

Too Many Rivers to Cross??

We're considering hiking the Earl Grey Pass Trail this September. A few folks are planning to start in the East Kootenays (near Kimberley), while some of us will start in the West Kootenays, near Argenta. I wrote about the first 4 km of this trail in May because it starts off as the Hamill Creek Trail. I've started doing a bit of hiking with my pack, but my biggest issue is the river crossings. This is one of them. I believe there are four cable car crossings on the route and the next one is very high above the river. The major concerns are the crossings with NO cable car - usually the logs to cross the river are pretty skinny and with a bit of water of them could be impossible for my unwieldy balance. Have to give this trek lots of thought.

No comments: