Sunday 29 August 2010

Loki At Last!

Yesterday, we successfully climbed Mt. Loki, the tallest peak in our part of the valley. I'm not actually sure what the elevation is, but it did seem like a pretty long hike after we finally got down. Loki is named for the Norse God of Mischief and I'd have to say this god was pretty quiet yesterday. We had perfect conditions - sunny, but cool, with clouds hitting all the peaks around us on the way up. At the summit, everything was clear - not sure what direction this picture is but it's pretty much just peaks everywhere!! I didn't find the climb too difficult, although I did carry along a rope and harness because I'd heard there were a couple of "scary" bits. I felt good all the way up - the coolish temperatures helped a lot. The descent was tiresome; my knees were really feeling it ALL the way down, and the end did seem elusive. However, I feel great today so I guess I must be in some sort of condition. We're getting off and on spotty rain today, so we peaked at the right time!

2 comments:

Mtn Goat said...

See?? Not so hard, was it?? Good job!

Anonymous said...

what's up slolanecgmcc.blogspot.com admin found your website via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://massive-web-traffic.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://massive-web-traffic.com