Sunday 31 August 2008

Home for the Holidays


This is the first year that I've ever spent an entire summer at home, not travelling more than 2 hours from my door. The exception was the triathalon in Penticton, but otherwise, I spent summer in the Koots. It was a wonderful mix of things to do and I love being able to leave for hiking by deciding at the last minute and still get home for beer before dinner.(see Mt. Reco for a good example) The other great thing is that I could enjoy my garden every single day and keep up with the deadheading and watering. My "100 km diet" of hikes seemed to work like a charm for me this year and I sometimes wonder if I ever need to leave south-east B.C. ever again. We are heading to do Berg Lake at Mt. Robson this week so I am taking a wee vacation - to hike, of course!

No comments: