Saturday 27 April 2013

Spring Days

This is spring in Rossland a week ago and it was quite a bit better by the end of this week.  In their mud suits, this is one time that our twins dress alike.  I know that it's been a very late spring all across Canada but I do find that it takes forever for the greenhouses in our area to get any bedding plants.  I've been ready to put my deck pots together for a couple of weeks - with expectations to have to cover them or move them inside once or twice - and I haven't been able to get any plants!  I never would have thought about doing pots in SK prior to May, but here I think I could have safely put some pots together at the end of March this year.  We've had frost since then, but not a bad frost and many things can handle it.  Bring on the spring planting, growers!

No comments: