Tuesday 9 April 2013

Eating From the Sea

 We had a mid-morning "snack" at this place while we visited Oregon.  It's just south of Newport, OR, a popular place to visit because of the Oregon aquarium.  We stayed at the state park just south of here (South Bay State Park) and I wouldn't really recommend it - a bit too insane with people and I've seen nicer beaches.   It does have a long sand beach, but there's too much growth along the shore around here.  There are parts of Oregon that are way too built up.  I wouldn't say the food was fantastic here - way too much of this "dipped and fried" variety, but the smell was heavenly.  I don't tend to eat a lot of seafood because of the polluted environment we've given to all the animals who have to live there.  I enjoy the bits that I do eat.  When we ate, continuous Beatles were playing and that's never a bad thing.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: