Monday 1 April 2013

First Leg of Trip West

 There are many times when I actually do like B.C. Ferries.  We were fortunate enough to get a sunny, uncrowded, relaxed crossing on March 17th.  I was only able to identify one leprachaun on the ferry.  I love the ride through Active Pass and always enjoy looking at the fancy homes on the islands and seeing the "other" ferry passing in the opposite direction.  Our brief time on the Island worked out well with a couple of days of sunshine and some good walks.  I managed to run each day on The Galloping Goose Trail near Newton X Road to Island View Road and my dad and I did some nice walks in Elk Lake and Centennial Parks.  It was good to get that head start on spring.  Even though it rained heavily at night, the morning we left, the sun shone over Victoria harbour as we took the ferry to Port Angeles, WA.  Victoria's harbour is a very pretty one when you get to see it. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: