Sunday 29 July 2012

A Few Days at Kokanee Cabin

 Dave was in charge of finding volunteers for "hut painting" at the Kokanee Cabin this past week and I went as part of the crew as chef and sous chef.  It was fun.  A couple of volunteers didn't show up so we had TONS of food and I ate too much.  I continue to feel guilty about buying too much food.  My friend Anne came in to help with cooking and her husband helped with painting.  Our "paid" painter was a young guy from Nelson and is our new poster child for doing hard work.  He had absolutely no fear of heights.  Anne and I did manage to paint some railings and a few benches and chairs, but most of the time we either worked in the kitchen or went out on hikes.  It was a lovely few days and I even managed to find 3 other bridge players with one group of alpine hut clients so got in a few hands!  Hike out on Friday was spectacular. So was the helicopter flight in!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: