Thursday 19 April 2012

The Sunsets

 One disappointing thing about my US travels is that no really good sunsets appeared.  We had one at Grand Canyon, but I had way too many high wires in the way to take a picture and one thing about the bottom of the canyon - the sunset is pretty much invisible.  Most of the time the skies were clear in the Southwest with no interesting clouds to produce any colour.  This was the best one I saw when I had a camera with me - taken at the Lava Beds in Idaho, the rest area on the I-15.  It's about the only "non commercial" rest area left on the I-15 in ID and UT is heading the same way.  MT still provides a few - when they can get the snow out of them.   The sun seems to be setting on rest areas provided by state governments. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: