Tuesday 10 April 2012

Life at the Bottom

 I loved these old buildings near the confluence of the Colorado River and Bright Angel Creek.  I'm sure they'd been used for stabling mules but were inactive on the days we visited.  A great short trail that we did was the river loop from the campground across the two bridges which span the Colorado River.  One of the bridges is only suitable for hikers; the other is good for both mules and hikers.  On a personal note, I really wouldn't want to be 5 or 6 feet higher off the ground on some of the trails in Grand Canyon, particularly the river loop.  There are some perilous drops into the Colorado!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diane said...

I love your posts, Catherine! I also like the thought of the slightly easier hikes you've been doing; they're more up my alley! Always great pics, too!
Love, Diane