Friday 29 October 2010

Sorry, SK

It's the end of October and for so many years as a prairie gardener I was racing to make sure everything was put away and ready for winter - this had to happen by the Thanksgiving weekend. Today I picked raspberries at my friend Mary's place. They are big and there are still plenty of them. Behind the bowl of raspberries is the bouquet I picked on Thursday. I heard about the prairie blizzard on Monday - sorry, SK, but this extended gardening season is just keeping me pretty much happy. My worry seems to be if those dahlias and glads will dry out enough to keep from rotting over the winter.

1 comment:

Andrew McKinlay said...

Yeah, we've got ice and snow instead of raspberries and flowers. But that's just part of living in Saskatchewan. Glad to hear you're enjoying retirement in BC.