Sunday 17 October 2010

Last Hike?

Today, a friend and I headed up to Fishhook Lake, pictured here. Not a great picture and not a great looking lake. It doesn't even have a mountain behind it to show itself in reflection. However, it's a good workout to get there, the approach is right off the highway, and we can get there and back in under 4 hours. These were all qualities that Bernice and I wanted for our hike today. The sun was glorious, the views of Kootenay Lake were stunning, but I didn't want to bore my readers with another shot of the Purcells above Kootenay Lake. There's some nice old growth forest enroute to Fishhook and the trail is REALLY steep for the first 30 minutes. Hope we'll get out a couple of more times but I know winter is a comin' - happy trails to all hikers out there.

No comments: