Friday 17 October 2008

Wood Splitting II


I previously wrote about how much I've enjoyed wood splitting here in the Koots. Well, this week we had a chance to experience a mechanised version of this same event. Neighbours of ours couldn't get their wood splitter to work so they told Dave if he could get it going he could make use of it. Of course Dave had it working almost immediately. We had to try it out to make sure it actually did work - pictured here is the splitter and the wood pile we created in less than an hour. It really works very well. I think I'm going to suggest that Dave and I buyone as our solstice gift to each other. The only drawback I've noticed so far is that it isn't the calorie burner of the older method but it's sure good on the Carpel Tunnel syndrome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Geez, you guys going to install an elevator, too?!