Friday 17 October 2008

Thoughts on Yellowstone


I haven't been to Yellowstone since 1991 and it was interesting to revisit with a new perspective as a "mountain dweller". I found the landscape strangely unappealing, although the geysers are always amazing and where else can one see something like that? The fact that this blue sky was the only bit we did see during our 3 days of visiting probably plays a role in my feelings about it. I LOVE the rivers, but I'm crazy about water. The forest was so blah - all pine and there were no fall colours to enjoy. The heights of land were mere hills. I did find the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone as amazing as my first visit. I wonder if my feelings for this place of unusual beauty have changed because I now live in one of the most amazing places on the planet if you like mountains, rivers and lakes. Dave's got some great pictures from our trip to the States and they can be viewed at this link:
Enjoy!

No comments: