Sunday 23 September 2007

When It's Been 65


I had my family out here for a visit and one reason to be together was to celebrate the 65th wedding anniversary of our parents. These balloons were decoratively displayed at a picnic table at Fletcher Falls. I got there to discover my memory card was full and no one seems to have taken a picture of the table with the balloons hanging from a ski pole. I took this pic with the balloons hanging in my south window and reversed the picture so you can tell that it's an anniversary balloon.
We had a cloudy but relatively warm day for the picnic. Teresa's sandwiches were great and everyone enjoyed the Kettle oven-baked chips, marinated vegetables and smoked gouda and butternut squash dip with our crackers. Of course, matromonial cake was served for dessert. I was relieved to discover that everyone could travel the descent/ascent without difficulty, including my legally blind brother-in-law. It was great to see Dad take the steep route back UP the hill and Mum needed about a 10 second rest on the ascent. It was a satisfying day and celebration. When Dad came down with a cold the next day and decided to hightail it home in one day I was pleased to hear he'd done it and had his usual luck as the second last car on the ferry crossing to the Island.

No comments: