Tuesday 11 September 2007

THWTB Tour '07


I just finished a holiday at home, touring around our area with my newly retired teacher friend, Marilyn, from Regina. We called this our To Hell With The Bell Tour '07. I particularly like this shot taken on the Eastern Shore of Kootenay Lake on a very windy day at the best beach I've found on this lake so far. We found Kokanne spawning, had a picnic at a newly found beach near Shutty Bench, had a grand time in Hills (see previous post), tried out lots of new restaurants and bakeries and explored a wee bit of Castlegar and the south end of Arrow Lake. As usual, Fletcher Falls was another show stopper and Wings Night at the Beachcomber Pub was a celebration with a divine cake to celebrate two birthdays that week. The weather was pretty much perfect all week, although I do need rain for my plants and rain barrel. It's been a great week to be two retirees!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking me on my first THWTBT. I love the picture of the tree on the beach.
Hugs Marilyn