Friday 1 June 2007

Custodians in Paradise


Okay, so the title of this piece is not entirely original. I recently read Wayne Johnston's book about Sheilagh Fielding (The Custodian of Paradise) and I've "adapted" the title from him. This month it's been one year since our move. I plan to do a series or a "year in review" type thing about all the different aspects of my life over the past year. I need to pick up a few more pictures to pique your interest and so wish I had taken my camera to knitter's group yesterday. Dave and I both do feel like we live in a paradise and we are doing an awful lot to try to "tame" our wilderness. There's plenty of being isolated out here as it is. I just found out this week that I can't even give blood in the Kootenays and they never have travelling clinics!
In this picture you can't really see our little part of paradise. We intend to build more of a deck in the gravelly space in front of you. The posts are now in and so are a few of the supporting boards. Watch for future developments.


No comments: