Sunday 24 June 2007

Recreation: BDBC




Tuesday is one of my days of leisure and I get to work my mind into a frenzy instead of doing physical stuff. This is the site of the Balfour Duplicate Bridge Club which meets about noon on Tuesday and usually finishes off around 4 p.m. The first picture is the view you get if you're lucky enough to be sitting and facing it. One place I do not wish to place myself is at the stationary table. I usually get to see the view at least 50% of the hands. The other day we debated whether our bridge club has the best view in North America. One of our "international" players said he thought that there were a couple in Hawaii that could probably rival us. I don't call Hawaii a part of North America, geographically speaking. What do you think - best bridge view in the northern hemisphere??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My second attempt at a comment from Catherine's bridge partner in Balfour. Hope this works!

Playing bridge in Balfour on Tuesdays is a highlight of the week for me. Driving down the beautiful Kootenay Lake with fellow bridge players in the different seasons is uplifting.

I enjoy playing with a fellow prairie girl. My husband and I have also moved from Alberta to a rural property near Nelson where we have had similar challenges of clearing the wilderness to create vegetable and flower gardens; snowclearing in winter; wood gathering and splitting; dealing with wild animals such as deer, bears, squirrels, rodents etc.

Greetings from the Kootenays.

Sue Johnsen