Monday 14 May 2007

Clogs, Blogs, Crocs and Socks


This was the first pair of "clogs" that I have knit and the first time that I've knit with a circular needle. It was great fun and very easy to do. I knit these for my dad who is finding that his 87-year old feet are getting cold. A knitter must use real wool in the creation of the slipper and this way the clog can be "felted" so that it doesn't really look like knitting at all. It's a bit odd, really, when you're knitting because the clog looks a bit as if it's being created for a friendly giant, but it works out in the end. However, you do need an old-fashioned washing machine with an agitator and lots of hot water to get it to work.
I love having a blog and wish that I could commit to more regular posts. With summer approaching and tons of work to do outside I don't think I'll be doing any "regular" writing. However, I do really enjoy having a blog!
Andrea and Demitri purchased Crocs for Dave and I last summer and I wear them endlessly. They are so comfortable and are perfect for slipping on and off when going to the garden or coming in from the garden. I plan to get another pair - one for outdoors and one for indoors. We are constantly traisping in with stuff stuck to our shoes which is a great reason for having tile floors - the cleanup is a breeze.
Socks - I used to knit socks and gave up because I didn't really like the appearance of them all that much. However, the women who knit around here ALL knit socks and they look absolutely wonderful. So perhaps, I will get back to it because I have a number of people who can teach me now to make a good looking sock heel WITHOUT the sock looking as if it belongs on a friendly giant.

No comments: