Wednesday 7 November 2012

Musings

Hard to believe that a week of November is pretty much over and since it's a month that I don't particularly like, that's a good thing.  We had perfect weather on Monday, however - sun, no wind and a high of 15 degrees.  I also got a tip on the location of some wonderfully semi-composted leaves so we moved many to our bins.  The time change is what really hurts November; we're dark here by 4:45!

October 31st was a miserable day weather-wise as I recall and Callie had to miss her first Hallowe'en because Sandy has completely taken over events in their part of the world.  It was a good thing we skyped with her a few hours prior to Sandy's arrival because they haven't had power since and it is going on to day 9 now!  No monsters, witches or dragons graced our doorstep (a typical Hallowe'en in our neighbourhood) and I thought to myself the next morning that I sort of miss it.  As it a former teacher, it surprises me to be saying that because I'd had too much Hallowe'en by half partway through my career in the classroom.

Completely relieved and delighted that Obama was re-elected!  I watched many more hours than planned.

Things might be in enough of a schedule for us to make our weekly commitments to Miro and Atley.  Loved our day with them last Friday and their Grandpa so much enjoyed giving them their first doses of penicillin.

Totally agree with all who think it is too early for Christmas music.  Nothing before December, please.

Had the best bridge hands I've EVER had yesterday; didn't play them as well as necessary, but a fun day at the tables.

No comments: