Wednesday 22 February 2012

Evaluating Translink

This picture has nothing to do with the topic - it was my only good sunrise to see while visiting my folks near Sidney. This is the view from their place.

My goal was to reduce my carbon footprint by NOT flying all the way to Victoria and using public transit after arriving in Vancouver. It worked fairly well. From the South Terminal I took the free shuttle to the main terminal at YVR and from there it is a set of stairs and arrival at one end of the Canada Line. The trains are frequent and I managed to arrive at Bridgeport Station within 5 minutes. Then a bus arrives (only once per hour) for transport out to the ferry terminal. The bus ride took about 40 minutes. The information I got on the internet was entirely accurate. I'd say there were at least 500 foot passengers on the ferry going both ways, so you need to be at the head of the pack when doing the return trip because only two double-sized buses were awaiting our arrival in Vancouver. If only the planes could fly in the winter into the Kootenays it would have been a great trip but I got to spend a lot of time at YVR on my journey home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: