Saturday 24 July 2010

Fourth Time Lucky

I've headed up towards Texas Peak 4 times, 3 in the summer and once in the winter. This is me at the summit with some impressive peaks of the Goat Range in the background. This isn't a tough hike, especially when we were able to drive a good bit of the road. There's a lovely ridge walk involved - the flowers are glorious today. The only complaint I have is the ridge is too short! I climbed up here with 3 of Dave's hiking buddies, plus Dave, and since Gerald is nursing a game leg I was almost able to keep up with him (on the uphill)! The "boys" all headed over to Paddy Peak for their second summit, which was pretty much a scramble. I went back to the lower peak (which I'd achieved last summer) and spent an hour reading a book. I headed downhill when I figured the guys were getting close and of course most of them beat me down the hill. A great day - thanks to Dave, Gerald, Stu and Dan for slowing down enough for me to get to TX Peak!

No comments: