Sunday 8 June 2008

Sunday Strutters

I know that I've written about Wednesday Walkers. I had heard about the "Sunday group" who would hike but had never really connected with anyone to discover who, where and when. This winter, I did find a good contact and today we did our first hike with the group. This was a hike up Davis Creek to Fishhook Lake, pictured to the right. The climb is very steep for about an hour and then pretty much levels out. We had a mix of sun and cloud, a few drops of rain, but the group moves well and it was a pleasant excursion - we learned about hundreds of hikes we've never heard of prior to today. I've called the group "Sunday Strutters" but I'm not too sure how that name will fly with this hiking group. I hope we can do more as the summer progresses.

No comments: