Tuesday 24 June 2008

School's Out for Summer!


I worked yesterday at the local school, certainly not expecting to have any work this week. However, it was the local "field day" and I got to spend the day outside and earn money. I have to say that I noticed the lack of wind, and not needing to pick dirt and sand out of my teeth following the day at the track. This particular meet was more of an old-fashioned play day - we had egg/spoon races and 3-legged races, along with regular runnning and jumping and throwing activities.
The school at the right is the high school in Nelson. I worked there in early June for a day and had the most spectacular view from the top floor classroom - looking out towards Pulpit Rock, the BOB (the Big Orange Bridge), over Kootenay Lake and the bend in the water, where the Kootenay River really commences. I don't think I'd be able to work too hard in a classroom like that - the view is too much of a distraction. I supervised two French exams and had a wonderful day at that school too. I think I managed 21 days of work this year which pretty much doubles the previous year.

No comments: