Saturday 31 May 2008

My Very First Rhodo!


After all the deer damage we seemed to have this winter on our shrubbery, I have one rhodo bud that they all missed! Here is my very first rhodo - ever! It seemed to take quite a long time to come out but today it is showing itself very nicely.
The garden has been planted and is mostly a picture of small black stakes. I'm singing that old prairie tune again - we need rain!! It only rained twice in the month of May, and not really very hard. This past week I've been watering and have succeeded in having a few plants germinate. The perennials are looking fairly nice, although we must wait for later blooms. Last Sunday, I planted an entire new bed with my SK Siberian irises, daylilies and some ornamental grasses, both new and old.
Happy gardening, readers.

No comments: